If you feel worn down or lack energy due to a hectic schedule and day-to-day stressors, learn how to fight fatigue naturally. Taking a few minutes for yourself and performing simple breathing exercises can be helpful, as can daily moderate physical activity and getting adequate rest. Certain nutrients, botanicals and other compounds can also help to ward off or lessen the effects of general fatigue. Experiment with the following
- Magnesium. Oral magnesium supplementation has been shown to help reduce symptoms of fatigue in persons with low magnesium levels. Look for magnesium citrate, chelate, or glycinate. Avoid magnesium oxide, which can be irritating. High doses can cause a laxative effect or diarrhea.
- Eleuthero (Eleutherococcus senticosus or Acanthopanax senticosus), also known as Siberian ginseng. Studies show that eleuthero can help enhance thinking and memory as well as physical endurance.
- Coenzyme Q10. This vital nutrient is involved in cellular energy production throughout the body.
- Ashwagandha, an Ayurvedic herb prized for its ability to help the body deal with stress.
- Cordyceps, a traditional Chinese medicinal mushroom that may help fight fatigue and boost energy levels.