Pakistan's Only Newspaper on Science and Technology
Benefits of Massage you were not aware of
Massage Therapy is considered a routine for Athletes as it improves athletic performance and stimulates speedy recovery. Here are the following benefits will discuss about massage we were not aware of.
1. Enhances Fitness PerformanceIt does so by reducing muscle stiffness and swelling, in fact, injuries can be avoided all together with regular sessions. Fitness Enthusiasts depend on these treatments for peak performance.
2. Combats Insomnia while MassageSufficient sleep is essential for one’s health and wellness and can help avoid various diseases. Massages is known to improve sleep in children and the elderly. ‘Insufficient sleep is associated with a number of chronic diseases and conditions.
Such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity, and depression which threaten our nation’s health. Notably, insufficient sleep is associated with the onset of these diseases and also poses important implications for their management and outcome.’(cdc.gov)
3. Relieves MigrainesThere are certain acupressure points related to migraine and other symptoms which if rubbed or put pressure on can provide instant relief.
.4. Immunity Booster
Massage is a great promoter of immune wealth. Some forms of massages increase the lymphocyte count in the body which is a white blood cell defending the body from disease
5. Relieves Postural StressThose who spend most of their time on a desk working are likely to have postural stress because of sitting in one position for multiple hours. Massage Therapy counteracts those effects by releasing the pressure on the lower spine.
6. Improves BalanceMassage Therapy can improve balance in the older persons preventing them from falling, it being a primary cause of death, and increases mobility.